Digital Learning Support
Do you need help with providing internet access for your child?
Endeavour is a 1:1 school, so we have devices ready for students to check out to use at home and at school. Depending on the age, devices will be sent home in the next couple of weeks. Many teachers in lower grades are keeping devices here at school a couple of extra weeks to train students to become more independent with accessing tools. Watch for information from your child's teacher.
Here are a few reminders:
- Parents should login to my.DSD Guardian accounts to sign the Computer Use Agreement. This must be signed before a device will be sent home.
- Parents also have the option to purchase an "OPTIONAL" Discretionary Protective Plan before Sep. 25, 2020.
The "Endeavour Discretionary Protection Plan" supports the Computer Use Agreement and enrollment in the plan is optional with the understanding that if students/parents do not enroll in the protection plan, they will carry full liability for the laptop/iPad in the same way they do for other damaged or lost school property, such as textbooks. You can see the full details of the plan in the file attached below.The Protection plan cost is a per device cost and not per family. To purchase this optional coverage log in to my.DSD and click on Payments>Pay for Fees/Lunch>Optional Fees. Then look for the option for Device Protection Plan.You will have the option to purchase this protection until September 25, 2020. The school device you are purchasing the protection for must be in working order when purchased.
- If you prefer to use a personal home device and not have your child transport the school device to and from school, no problem, just let your teacher know.
- Devices should be returned to school each face-to-face day so they can use it during the school day. We will continue to train students on using Canvas and other software.
- We have purchased coverings for every iPad and a protective case for each Cloudbook/laptop. This will help, but please remind students to take care of their device.
- Cloudbooks should NEVER be turned off.
- At the end of the day Cloudbooks should be signed out (wait for the login screen) and closed, but NOT shut down. A restart is often helpful.
- It is imperative that Cloudbooks be in a sleep state so that they can automatically wake up at midnight to do their updates. Windows Updates will only be applied during this maintenance window. If the device is powered off, it will not update.
- If a device is still signed in during the maintenance window, it may not update or function until a reboot.
- Cloudbooks should ALWAYS be plugged in overnight.
- If a Cloudbook is not plugged into power during the maintenance window, it will not update.
- User profiles on Cloudbooks
- User profiles are managed automatically with policies, because of this profiles could be deleted automatically.
- It is important to save files to OneDrive and NOT to the local hard drive.